Beautiful little independent cottage (bedroom, bathroom and living room), nested in a courtyard just a few meters away from the Golden Temple and Durbar Square.
This place is great to get culturally immersed in the amazing old Patan and enjoy full comfort : on the ground floor, the living room is set up with a comfy sofa, a low table, Tea facilities, HD TV and big glass windows.
On the 1st floor of the cottage is a bright bedroom with AC, bathroom and balcony.
Kitchen is in the courtyard - it is all yours. You can enjoy it as much as you wish.
• 55 USD/day
• 330 USD/week
• 990 USD/month
Prices are subject to 13% vat
Type : Cottage
Neighbourhood : Old Patan Kwalkhu Chowk / Golden temple
Volume : 40 m²
Accommodates : 2/ 3
Bedroom(s) : 1
Bathroom(s) : 1
Living room : Yes Kitchen: Garden kitchen
Balcony : Yes
TV: Yes Air conditioned: Yes (bedroom)
Working space: Yes
The accommodation is wonderfully located a few meters away from both Patan Durbar Square and the Golden temple. The cottage is quietly nested inside a courtyard.
• Earthquake resistant home
• Electricity and solar back-up for all-day power supply
• Modern Bathroom / hot shower
• Free WIFI (optical fiber)
• Free set of towels and linens changed every week
• Bathroom amenities: shampoo/ conditioner/ body
• Specially designed guide book of the area
• Tea/ coffee set
• Hair Dryer
• Cleaning twice a week
• Washing machine (common)
• Open kitchen in the courtyard
• Courtyard space for gathering
• 24h guard
• Gas heater in winter (cylinder at tenant's cost for long
• Shuttle Service from airport (15 USD day fare/ 20 USD
• Situated in the heart of Patan historical
city center (Kwalkhu Chowk)
• 50 meters away from Durbar Square and
the Golden Temple!
• 500 m away from Patan Dhoka (Patan’s
• 20 min walk away from U.N. House,
Sanepa area, Kupondole area
• 15/25 min ride to Thamel
• 15/25 min ride to the International airport
• 10 min walk to Lagankhel and Patan Dokha
• Taxis available in Durbar Square and Patan
Dhoka at all time of the day and night.
The Old Patan is a fantastic area to stay in. It is much more authentic and traditional than the tourist-spoiled places of Kathmandu and its concrete jungle. There are many hidden treasure to discover: hindu temples, Buddhist stupas, courtyard, secret paths, monasteries, local food spots…
The vibrant local life of the Newars (the original ethnic group of the Kathmandu Valley) guarantees you a very rich cultural experience.
Clean, cute and comfortable
“The courtyard cottage is a wonderful place to stay! It’s clean, cute and comfortable, and very quiet. The Cosy Nepal team is so helpful with anything guests need...from airport transfers to restaurant recommendations. We only wish we could have stayed longer. Highly recommend!!
— Emily , USA
“Kwalkhu House is a lovely clean and stylish "cottage". It's built into one of a number of interconnecting courtyards and whilst it isn't a traditional Nepalese building, it doesn't lack for charm. The courtyard is a quiet and peaceful space, away from the busy bustle of Patan life nearby. Opposite the courtyard entrance is a great restaurant (Yala) and there are at least three others that are worthy of a visit within 150m (Salt and Silk, The Inn, Patan.). A great place in a great location”
— Pete, England