A vast L-shaped loft with a bed corner, living room, kitchen and bathroom.
Direct access to a very spacious and cosy roof terrace.
• 60$ / day
• 360$ / week
Type : Apartment
Neighbourhood : Old Patan – Nagbahal
Volume : 34 m2
Accommodates : 2/3
Bedroom(s) : 1
Bathroom(s) : 1
Kitchen : Private
Living room : Private
Roof terrace : Shared
In addition of being a beautifully renovated old Newari house, the real strengh of this accommodation lies in its hosts: Prakash and Premila welcome you with all their heart, their generosity and their sense of hospitality.
They will be happy to help you out with good advices and share their Newari culture with you.
Luckily, Premila is also the best cook in town. You can book a Nepali Daal Bhat for lunch or dinner or even organise a Newari feast on the roof terrace!
• Kitchen: fridge, 2 ring hobs, crockery, pots and pan.
• Roof terrace with comfortable sitting space
• Electricity backup for all-day power supply
• Hot water 24h and pressure pump
• Free WIFI
• Free set of towels and linens changed every week
• Cleaning 2 times/ week
• Possibility to book for Nepali/ Newari lunch or dinner cooked by Pramila (the best cook in town!)
• Inside Dhakwha House
• In the heart of Patan historical city center
• Quietly nested inside a courtyard (no noise from the road!) nearby Nagbahal and Patan Durbar Square
• Less than 50m away from the Golden temple
• 200m away from Durbar Square
• 200m away from Patan Doka (Patan’s gate)
• 15 min walk away from Pulchowk, U.N. House, Sanepa area, Kupondole area.
• 15 min ride to Thamel
• 20 min ride to the international airport
“I stayed in the the Top floor loft in Dhakhwa House and I felt like home the second I stepped into the loft! The combination of old ancient exterior and modern interior belts in perfectly together. My Loft was very clean and comfortable. The location of the House is hidden in the unique alleys of Patan Lalitpur away from all the main street craziness but close enough for a short walk to Durbar square (definitely worth a visit). The Host and host’s family was very helpful and friendly, they serve delicious food + provide cooking lessons! An unforgettable experience and will defiantly come back and visit again !”
— Rachel, Hong Kong, March 2015
A very local experience
“It’s hard to imagine a more perfect place to stay, or a better host. The house itself is amazing, authentically Newari but with all the comfort of home and recently reinforced to make it structurally as safe as a new building (no damage during the 2015 earthquake!). The set up of the rooms suited us perfectly too – we were travelling with our 3 children (aged 6,3,1) and my 20 year old cousin, so being able to add this room onto the 2-room flexible unit in the floor below gave us plenty of room and privacy while also feeling like we were just sharing a house and everyone was just a knock away. Patan Durbar Square is also a fantastic area to be based in – a very local experience amid some of Nepal’s most beautiful and ancient buildings while also being close to plenty of good, easy eating options. But the best part was definitely the hosts – our kids were devastated to be leaving Prakesh, Pramila, Ami and Simba to go home! From playing endless games with our children to cooking lessons, copious amounts of tea and even an introduction with the Kumari, the Dhakhwa’s went above and beyond to make our stay amazing. You won’t regret staying here.”
— Elissa, Australia, April 2016