Two rooms with a shared bathroom.
Ideal for a family or a group of friends that want to share the same space by still having their own privacy
• 50$/day for 2 pax, 60$ for 3 pax
• Extra bed: 15$/day (for > 3 persons)
Prices are subject to 13% vat
Type : Rooms/Apartment
Neighbourhood : Old Patan – Nagbahal
Volume : 34 m2
Accommodates : 2/3
Bedroom(s) : 2
Bathroom(s) : 1
Kitchen : Shared
Living room : Shared
Roof terrace : Shared
In addition of being a beautifully renovated old Newari house, the real strength of this accommodation lies in its hosts: Prakash and Pramila welcome you with all their heart, their generosity and their sense of hospitality.
They will be happy to help you out with good advices and share their Newari culture with you.
Luckily, Pramila is also the best cook in town. You can book a Nepali Daal Bhat for lunch or dinner or even organise a Newari feast on the roof terrace!
• Earthquake resistant home
• Access to the shared kitchen/ living room
• Roof terrace with comfortable sitting
• Electricity backup for all-day power supply
• Hot water 24h and pressure pump
• Free WIFI
• Free set of towels and linens changed
• Cleaning 2 times/ week
• Possibility to book for breakfast , Nepali/
Newari lunch or dinner cooked by Pramila
• Hair dryer
• Shuttle Service from airport (1500 NPR day
fare/ 2000 NPR night fare)
• Inside Dhakwha House
• In the heart of Patan historical city center
• Quietly nested inside a courtyard (no
noise from the road!) nearby Nagbahal
and Patan Durbar Square
• Less than 50m away from the Golden
• 200m away from Durbar Square
• 200m away from Patan Doka (Patan’s gate)
• 15 min walk away from Pulchowk, U.N.
House, Sanepa area, Kupondole area.
• 15 min ride to Thamel
• 20 min ride to the international airport
• 10 min walk to Lagankhel and Patan Dohka
• Taxis available in Durbar Square and Patan
Dohka at all time of the day and night.
The Old Patan is a fantastic area to stay in as it is still very authentic and traditional. There are many hidden treasure to discover: hindu temples, Buddhist stupas, courtyard, secret paths, monasteries, local food spots…
The vibrant local life of the Newars (the original ethnic group of the Kathmandu Valley) guarantees you a very rich cultural experience!
A gorgeous traditional home
“This was my first time using Air b & b and I was blown away by the kindness I received from Prakash, Pramila and their family! They went out of their way to make me feel at home and help me with things I wanted to do and see. You can’t go wrong with Cosy Nepal’s recommendations on where to eat and visit either! I would really recommend staying here at this gorgeous traditional home with this beautiful family. I very much hope to return someday.”
— Iona, England
What a fantastic time
“What a fantastic time. The space is truly gorgeous (albeit the ceilings quite low). Upon walking into the space we were all delighted as to what we discovered, a courtyard of shuttered windows, a building perfectly blending contemporary and traditional. The mattress was a dream and the morning tea was very tasty. Patan where the Dhakhwa House is located is a very picturesque area with plenty of quality restaurants and no where near as badly damaged as I had imagined it to be. Our hosts were incredible graceful and kind. I will surely stay by them again next time I am in Kathmandu. “
— Will, India