Beautiful little independent cottage (bedroom, bathroom and living room), nested in a courtyard just a few meters away from the Golden Temple and Durbar Square.
The place is great to get culturally immersed in the amazing old Patan and enjoy full comfort: on the ground floor, the living room is set up with a comfy sofa, low table, Tea facilities, TV and big glass windows. On the 1st floor of the cottage is a bright bedroom with AC, bathroom and balcony -
Kitchen is common in the courtyard. You can enjoy it as much as you wish.
Please note that there is a newly started construction site nearby that can create disturbance from time to time.
Excluding 13% VAT
Type : Cottage
Neighbourhood : Old Patan Kwalkhu Chowk / Golden temple
Volume : 40 m2
Accommodates : 2/ 3
Bedroom(s) : 1
Bathroom(s) : 1
Living room : Yes Kitchen: common, outside
Balcony : Yes
TV: Yes Air conditioned: Yes ( bedroom) Working space: Yes
• Electricity and solar back-up for all-day power supply • Modern Bathroom / hot shower
• Free WIFI (optical fiber)
• Free set of towels and linens changed every week
• Cleaning twice a week
• Washing machine (common) • Open kitchen (common) in the courtyard
• Courtyard space for gathering
• 24h guard • Gas heater in winter (cylinder at tenant's cost for long term stay)
The accommodation is wonderfully located a few meters away from both Patan Durbar Square and the Golden temple. The place is very quietly nested inside a courtyard.
The Old Patan is a fantastic area to stay in. It is much more authentic and traditional than the tourist-spoiled places of Kathmandu and its concrete jungle. There are many hidden treasure to discover: hindu temples, Buddhist stupas, courtyard, secret paths, monasteries, local food spots…
The vibrant local life of the Newars (the original ethnic group of the Kathmandu Valley) guarantees you a very rich cultural experience.
• Situated in the heart of Patan historical city center (Kwalkhu Chowk)
• 50 meters away from Durbar Square and the Golden Temple!
• 500 m away from Patan Dhoka (Patan’s Gate)
• 20 min walk away from U.N. House, Sanepa area, Kupondole area
• 15/20 min ride to Thamel
• 20/25 min ride to the International airport
There are two big public bus stations around (10 min walk away from us): Lagankhel and Patan Dhoka.
From there you can go down to Kathmandu Ratna Park (the main bus station of KTM) and to many places and villages around.
Taxis can be found in Durbar Square and Patan Dhoka at all time of the day and night.