Single bedroom with bathroom and access to the shared kitchen. A good value for money and the chance of living in Prakash and Pramila’s place in the old Patan.
• 30$ / day
• 180$ / week
Type : single room
Neighbourhood : Old Patan – Nagbahal
Volume : 10 m2
Accommodates : 1
Bedroom(s) : 1
Bathroom(s) : 1
Kitchen : Shared
Living room : Shared
Roof terrace : Yes
In addition of being a beautifully renovated old Newari house, the real strength of this accommodation lies in its hosts: Prakash and Pramila welcome you with all their heart, their generosity and their sense of hospitality.
They will be happy to help you out with good advices and share their Newari culture with you.
Luckily, Premila is also one of the best cook in town! By ordering a day in advance, you can book breakfast, Nepali Daal Bhat or Newari experience.
• Access to the shared kitchen/ living room
• Roof terrace with comfortable sitting space
• Electricity backup for all-day power supply
• Hot water 24h and pressure pump
• Free WIFI
• Free set of towels and linens changed every week
• Cleaning 2 times/ week
• Possibility to book for breakfast , Nepali/ Newari lunch or dinner cooked by Pramila
• Inside Dhakwha House
• In the heart of Patan historical city center
• Quietly nested inside a courtyard (no noise from the road!) nearby Nagbahal and Patan Durbar Square
• Less than 50m away from the Golden temple
• 200m away from Durbar Square
• 200m away from Patan Doka (Patan’s gate)
• 15 min walk away from Pulchowk, U.N. House, Sanepa area, Kupondole area.
• 15 min ride to Thamel
• 20 min ride to the international airport
The Old Patan is a fantastic area to stay in as it is still very authentic and traditional. There are many hidden treasure to discover: hindu temples, Buddhist stupas, courtyard, secret paths, monasteries, local food spots…
The vibrant local life of the Newars (the original ethnic group of the Kathmandu Valley) guarantees you a very rich cultural experience!
“It was an honour to stay in this 100+ years old Newari building. I had a wonderful time with Dhakhwa family and was taken a good care by them during my stay. The room was well decorated with a touch of Nepali style. It was quiet, cozy and cooling when enter the building. I highly highly recommend to stay in Dhakhwa house !”
— Jessica, USA, April 2016
Prakash and his very hospitable family
"Just had a wonderful stay at the Dhakhwa house with Prakash and his very hospitable family. After 2 weeks of travelling around India and Nepal, the Dhakhwa house was exactly what I needed – away from the chaos of the city, tastefully design house, clean rooms, hot shower and amazing home cook meal ! The dhal bhat is a MUST try! Prakash and the family was always ready to give good tips on travelling around patan and surrounding area, and there are travel books at the house that he was more than happy to share. The house is also conveniently located, just a short walk from the Patan Durbar square. Have recommended it to many and would definitely hope to stay there again when I return to Nepal! “
— Ange, Australia, December 2015